Monday, September 9, 2013

My Baby Sister's Vacation Gift



My baby sister is going on her first real vacation EVER. She’s 28 years old and has only ever taken weekend trips but later this month is taking a real trip for 10 DAYS! I am so excited for her; she is going with her boyfriend to Vegas and then driving to Los Angeles and San Francisco up the California coast to Napa Valley. Now that is what I call a vacation! This is cause for a gift! We live 497 miles away from each other, so I would have loved to have put together a cute tote for her and wrapped it up so that it would have presented better, but a box will have to do since it has to be shipped. And getting a unexpected package can be exciting, too, right? I tried to add some bright tissue paper to the box to make it more cheerful. Everything is better with yellow tissue paper, right?


The gift was just an assortment of goodies that she could use on her big trip.


Here’s what I included:

Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer


Blistex

Crossword Book

Kleenex

Magazine

Nerds Candy

Nutter Butter Bites

Old Navy Scarf (on sale!)

Old Navy Socks (on sale!)

Old Navy Tote-in-a-Bag (on sale, too!)

Orbit Gum:

Sour Patch Candy

Teddy Graham Bites

Tic Tacs

Wet Wipes

Shipping (priority flat rate with USPS, the box was free)

I could have gotten one less thing or found less expensive options on some of the items, but was overall pretty happy with what I put together. I hope she loves it! And I hope she has a fantastic trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment